Executive Assistant of Administrative Office
PEKING UNIVERSITY SCHOOL OF TRANSNATIONAL LAW (“STL”) in Shenzhen, China seeks a creative and motivated individual for the position of Executive Assistant. The successful candidate will work under the supervision of the Director of Admissions, Communications and Student Services at STL, with principal responsibility for implementing the law school’s marketing strategy to increase awareness of STL among prospective students, the legal academy, and the global legal and business communities. The successful candidate also will provide support to various STL administrative offices, including admissions, student services, academic affairs and faculty services. The varied responsibilities of the Executive Assistant will enable the successful candidate to develop a comprehensive understanding of STL and of graduate legal studies at China’s top University. STL offers an engaging bilingual and collaborative work environment, which will hone and promote the successful candidate’s abilities to work successfully in a cross-cultural professional environment.
- a bachelor’s degree, preferably in Journalism, English, Marketing, Public Relations or other related major, or obtaining the same skills, with preference given to candidates possessing a master’s degree;
- excellent writing, proofreading and editing skills in both English and Chinese; study abroad experience preferred.
- knowledge of Adobe Photoshop or comparable design software preferred;
- the ability to work collaboratively and independently in a cross-cultural work environment; and
- the ability to handle multiple projects and deadlines.
- management of STL’s web site and all digital and social media outreach, such as Weibo, WeChat, LinkedIn, etc.;
- assisting with the design, printing coordination, and circulation of promotional materials;
- assisting with the coordination of internal meetings and external events of the STL (e.g., lecturers, commencement, summer honors program; academic symposia, etc.);
- provide support to STL administrative office on admissions, student services, academic affairs and faculty support;
- other assignments as stipulated by the supervisors;
If you are interested in applying for the position, please submit a bilingual resume with a bilingual letter of interest to STL’s Human Resources Office at firstname.lastname@example.org before November 2, 2016. Please visit http://stl.pku.edu.cn for more information about STL.
Background of STL.
In 2007, the State Council of The People’s Republic of China authorized Peking University, one of the world’s great research universities, to undertake a bold and forward-looking experiment in legal education: the creation of a post-graduate law school offering both an American-style Juris Doctor (J.D.) degree and a Chinese Juris Master (J.M.) degree. The next year, STL welcomed its first entering class on Peking University’s stunning new graduate campus in Shenzhen.
Today, the verdict on STL’s cutting-edge program is clear: STL graduates are highly sought after for positions with leading multinational firms and corporations, leading Chinese law firms and corporations, major SOEs, and leading international NGOs. Leading students from around the world compete for admission, and STL’s multinational faculty includes world-renowned scholars from China, the U.S., the E.U., and elsewhere.
STL’s signature J.D./J.M. dual degree program emphasizes lawyering skills and knowledge for the 21st century with a focus on transnational law and practice, cross-cultural competence, and the professional responsibilities of lawyers in these contexts.