Library Assistant of STL Law Library
Peking University School of Transnational Law (STL)is unique in China and unique in the world, offering an American-style J.D. degree completely in English, alongside a Chinese J.M. degree. Both curriculums are rich in courses emphasizing transnational law and practice, Chinese law and legal traditions, and other cutting-edge courses designed to equip STL graduates of all nationalities for leadership in the 21st century.
Under the supervision of the Head of Circulation performs a variety of circulation tasks related to the operation of the library.
- Performs circulation desk procedures, such as check-in/check-out materials, renewal, holds, patron registration and collects fines.
- Sorts and routes mail.
- Organizes library materials and files.
- Orders library supplies.
- Photocopies and/or scans materials.
- Delivers library materials to faculty and checks in deliveries of interlibrary loan materials.
- Assists in the processing (labelling, tagging, etc.) of library materials
- Assists in enforcing library circulation policies and library rules and regulations.
- Supervises and works with student assistants.
- Responds to telephone inquiries about library programs and services.
- Assists patrons with mechanical operations of library equipment.
- Answers directional questions and refers patrons to appropriate personnel.
- Establishes and maintains effective working relationships with fellow employees, supervisors and the public.
- Performs other tasks as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree.
- Fluent in Mandarin Chinese.
- Working proficiency in reading, writing and speaking English.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- A degree in Library and Information Science.
- Knowledge of basic library materials, policies and procedures.
- Previous work experience in an academic institution.
- Knowledge of Chinese and/or US law.
We will receive applications until the position is filled. A bilingual resume with an accompanying bilingual cover letter should be submitted to email@example.com Visit the Peking University School of Transnational Law website at http://stl.pku.edu.cn