Just like mainland China students, HK, Macau & Taiwan Students are expected to complete all the J.M and J.D. credit requirements and will receive a diploma as well as a 畢業證 (Bi Ye Zheng), and a 學位證 (Xue Wei Zheng) upon completing their thesis requirements. All three credentials are issued by Peking University.
To submit an application, you must be a HK, Macau or Taiwan permanent resident, have received a degree in majors equivalent to or above the bachelor degree in mainland China and reach a certain level in both academic studies and language skills.
- Completed Application Form for HK, Macau and Taiwan students (photos required);
- A copy of valid passport, or identification card;
- Degree Certificate or its notarized copy (new graduates should provide expected graduation certificate);
- Academic transcript or its notarized copy;
- A copy of evidence of English Proficiency, or satisfactory TOEFL or IELTS score;
- Two original signed recommendations letters either in English or Chinese from two references (professors or associate professors preferred);
- Personal Statement in English (about 800 words);
- A copy of LSAT Scores
Please send the above application materials via email to email@example.com, and mail the hard copies to our admission office before February 28.
PKU STL Admissions, Room 410
Peking University School of Transnational Law
University Town, Nanshan District Shenzhen 518055, China
800 RMB. The application fee is expected to be paid online through the application portal later.
Decisions about admission are made by the STL Admissions Committee. Once the materials are received, the Committee determines the candidates to be interviewed based on their evaluation. Usually the interview will take place in March or April, either in Beijing or Shenzhen.
Tuition Fee and Expenses
Tuition is 60,000 RMB per year and payable in the first week of each academic year. Since 2014, students can enjoy an annual national subsidy of 6,000 RMB. In addition, expenses for room and board for a student residing on campus are estimated to be 1,200 RMB per year.
For more information on scholarships and grants, please read more at Financial Information.
If you have questions you may contact the Admissions Office by phone at (86 755) 2603-2287, or by email to firstname.lastname@example.org
For issues regarding visas, please refer to the Shenzhen Public Security Bureau
Please refer to the FAQ here.