Summer Honors Program
Peking University School of Transnational Law (STL), on PKU’s Shenzhen Graduate Campus, is the only law school in the world that combines an American-style Juris Doctor degree (J.D.) with a China law Juris Master degree (J.M.). STL provides an academically rigorous, bilingual program of legal education that prepares students for the mixture of Common Law, Civil Law, and Chinese legal traditions increasingly characteristic of the global economy.
We invite you to experience STL’s cutting-edge program by joining our 2017 Summer Honors Program (SHP). At SHP, you will beWe invite you to experience STL’s cutting-edge program by joining our 2017 Summer Honors Program (SHP). At SHP, you will be
- Challenged in dynamic classroom discussions with STL’s leading multinational faculty and an elite group of fellow students with whom you will develop lifelong memories;
- Introduced to an entirely different way of thinking by STL’s unique method of instruction—the Socratic Method;
- Inspired by the exciting and diverse career paths of STL graduates and motivated by the drive and achievements of STL students and faculty;
- Empowered by the confidence you will develop as a result of expanding your cross-cultural awareness and understanding; and
- Welcomed by STL’s warm and open community.
July 29 to August 5, 2017 (includes visit to Hong Kong)
Peking University’s Shenzhen Graduate Campus located in Shenzhen, one of China’s most innovative and attractive cities.
Enrollment is limited to 90 students who will be divided into sections of 45 each.
A detailed schedule will be forthcoming. Past SHP activities have included interactive J.D. and J.M. classes taught in English and Chinese by STL’s distinguished multinational faculty; moot court competitions; discussion sessions with current STL students and STL graduates; and visits to leading Shenzhen-based companies (e.g., Huawei; Vanke Industries) and important government and judicial offices (e.g., Hong Kong High Court; the Legislative Council).
- Junior students from key universities in China (mostly universities among the 985 or 211 project); academic performance at a level recognized for distinction is expected.
- Students from HK, Macau, Taiwan and abroad are welcome.
- High English proficiency assessed through TOFEL, IELTS, GRE, CET 4/6, TEM 4/8, or similiar English-language tests.
- All undergraduate majors welcome.
Application Checklist for International Students
Please send the following application materials via email to email@example.com:
- Resume or Curriculum Vitae;
- Academic Records: Official transcripts from all undergraduate and graduate institutions, and official degree certificates (original or notarized documents with English translations if documents are not in English).
- A copy of evidence of English Proficiency, or holds satisfactory TOEFL or IELTS score;
- A copy of evidence of Chinese Proficiency or a sample of written work in Chinese;
- A copy of passport, or identification card.
Tuition and Scholarships
- Tuition is 3000 RMB, which includes accommodation, insurance and Hong Kong visit expenses.
- SHP students who enroll in STL’s full-time J.D./J.M. program in AY2018-19 will be awarded an “SHP Scholarship” of 3000 RMB during their first year.
Register for an online application at http://ss.pkusz.edu.cn/stlsmh before June 16, 2017.
Send all application materials via email to firstname.lastname@example.org before the deadline.
At the conclusion of SHP, students will be presented with a personalized “Certificate of Completion” from STL recognizing their successful participation in SHP. SHP students wishing to apply to STL’s J.D./J.M. program for admission in 2018 will be asked to submit a personal essay following the conclusion of SHP. The essay will be afforded substantial weight in STL’s admissions process.
Director of Admissions, Communications and Student Services
Peking University School of Transnational Law
STL 410, Peking University, University Town
Xili, Nanshan District