Chinese Visa Information

School of Transnational Law provides administrative assistance to its faculty in support of their Chinese Visa Applications. Read the most updated information about Chinese Visa here.


Q: Do I need a Chinese visa?
A: You need to apply for a visa unless you meet the visa exemption requirement.

Q: Which Chinese Visa should I apply for? What about my accompanying family member(s)?
A: See detailed information of visa category here (available soon). Generally, long-term/full-time employees are advised to apply for Work(Z) Visa that can eventually transfer to a Residence Permit for Employment Purpose; visitors can apply for a Business (F) Visa; relatives of long-term/full-time employees for the purpose of long-term visit are advised to apply for S1 Visa; accompanying members of visitors are suggested to apply for a Tourism(L) visa or other category that fits into major purpose of the visit.

Q: How can I get a multiple entries business/tourist visa?
A: It is ultimately determined by the visa officer on what type of visa to issue. Generally, applicant with at least one Chinese visa record is considered to have a greater chance to obtain a multiple entries visa.

Q: What is the process for the Residence Permit application?
A: Click to see a descriptive complete procedure here or a flow chart here (available soon) for reference.

For further inquiries, please contact Yvonne Liu at

Newsletter Sign Up

Peking University School of Transnational Law

Room 410, School of Transnational Law
Peking University Shenzhen Graduate School,
University Town, Xili, Nanshan District,
Shenzhen, China 518055