2019 Summer Honors Program is Accepting Applications
Peking University School of Transnational Law (STL), on PKU’s Shenzhen Graduate Campus, is the only law school in the world that combines an American-style Juris Doctor degree (J.D.) with a China law Juris Master degree (J.M.). STL provides an academically rigorous, bilingual program of legal education that prepares students for the mixture of Common Law, civil law, and Chinese legal traditions increasingly characteristic of the global economy.
We invite you to experience STL’s cutting-edge program by joining our 2019 Summer Honors Program (SHP). At SHP, you will be:
- Challenged in dynamic classroom discussions with STL’s leading multinational faculty and an elite group of fellow students with whom you will develop lifelong memories;
- Introduced to an entirely different way of thinking by STL’s unique method of instruction—the Socratic Method;
- Inspired by the exciting and diverse career paths of STL graduates and motivated by the drive and achievements of STL students and faculty;
- Empowered by the confidence you will develop as a result of expanding your cross-cultural awareness and understanding; and
- Welcomed by STL’s warm and open community.
July 31 to August 7, 2019 (includes visit to Hong Kong)
Peking University’s Shenzhen Graduate Campus located in Shenzhen, one of China’s most innovative and attractive cities.
Enrollment is limited to 110 students who will be divided into sections of 55 each.
A detailed schedule will be forthcoming. Past SHP activities have included interactive J.D. and J.M. classes taught in English and Chinese by STL’s distinguished multinational faculty; moot court competitions; discussion sessions with current STL students and STL graduates; and visits to leading Shenzhen-based companies (e.g., Huawei; Tencent Industries) and important government and judicial offices (e.g., Hong Kong High Court; Legislative Council).
- Junior students from key universities in China (mostly universities among the 985 or 211 project); academic performance at a level recognized for distinction is expected;
- Students from HK, Macau, Taiwan and abroad are welcome; non-Chinese citizen applicants must have a valid passport;
- High English proficiency assessed through TOFEL, IELTS, GRE, CET 4/6, TEM 4/8, or similar English-language tests;
- All undergraduate majors welcome.
- Please apply through the STL SHP online application portal before June 17, 2019.
- After applying online, please also send the electronic application materials to the following email: firstname.lastname@example.org. The title of the email should be “SHP Application: Applicant name + College name + College major.”
- Resume or Curriculum Vitae;
- Personal Statement;
- Academic Records: Official transcripts from all undergraduate and graduate institutions, and official degree certificates (original or notarized documents with English translations if documents are not in English).
- A copy of evidence of English Proficiency, or holds satisfactory TOEFL or IELTS score;
- Non-Chinese citizen applicants should submit a copy of evidence of Chinese Proficiency or a sample of written work in Chinese;
- A copy of passport or identification card.
Tuition and Scholarships
Tuition is 3000 RMB, which includes accommodation, insurance and Hong Kong visit expenses.
SHP students who enroll in STL’s full-time J.D./J.M. program in AY2020-21 will be awarded an “SHP Scholarship” of 3000 RMB during their first year.
Register for an online application at http://ss.pkusz.edu.cn/stlsmh before June 17, 2019.
Send all application materials via email to email@example.com before the deadline.
At the conclusion of SHP, students will be presented with a personalized “Certificate of Completion” from STL recognizing their successful participation in SHP. SHP students wishing to apply to STL’s J.D./J.M. program for admission in 2020 will be asked to submit a personal essay following the conclusion of SHP. The essay will be afforded substantial weight in STL’s admissions process.