STL Announces Belt and Road Scholarship for LL.M. Students
Belt and Road Scholarship for LL.M. Studies
Peking University School of Transnational Law – Shenzhen, China 2018
China has launched its signature “Belt and Road Initiative” to drive economic cooperation, facilitate trade, and develop infrastructure throughout Asia, Africa, and Europe. The projects made possible through the Initiative bring together different cultures, languages and legal contexts. The smooth implementation of exchange among parties from Belt and Road countries, as well as the resolution of any commercial disputes that may arise, will require highly adaptable lawyers familiar with the blending of legal systems and traditions increasingly characteristic of the global economy.
Recognizing this, Peking University School of Transnational Law (STL) is proud to announce the Belt and Road Scholarship for its LL.M. program. This merit-based opportunity for applicants from countries associated with the Belt and Road Initiative will help contribute to a legal profession equipped to navigate this unique set of challenges and beyond.
- Application Deadline: The application deadline for the Belt and Road Scholarship is March 31, 2018. Qualified candidates will be invited to interview.
- Scholarship Award: The Belt and Road Scholarship covers twenty five (25) percent of STL’s full program tuition.
- Entrance Requirements: Applicants must meet the following admission criteria:
- Be a national citizen of one of the countries in the Belt and Road action plan or any other country associated with the Initiative;
- Law background or training: Law degree (J.D., J.M., or LL.B.), or licensed to practice law in home country, or masters-level degree in a related area with significant law background;
- English proficiency as demonstrated by: native speaker, completion of a program taught entirely in English, or test scores: a minimum score of 92 in TOEFL IBT or 6.5 in IELTS with 7.0 in IELTS writing; and
- Timely completion of STL’s online application and submission of all required supporting materials.
Applicants who satisfy the eligibility requirements automatically will be considered for the Scholarship. Please refer to STL’s LL.M. application web page for more details.