STL Now Accepting Applications for 2017 Summer Honors Program 2017年优秀大学生夏令营招生简章
Peking University School of Transnational Law (“STL”), on PKU’s Shenzhen Graduate Campus, is the only law school in the world that combines an American-style Juris Doctor degree (J.D.) with a China law Juris Master degree (J.M.). STL provides an academically rigorous, bilingual four-year program of legal education that prepares students for the mixture of common law, civil law, and Chinese legal traditions increasingly characteristic of the global economy.
The STL Summer Honors Program is designed for students who wish to learn more about the law school experience and knowledge on both Chinese Law and American law. It provides opportunities for International students and Chinese students to work together. The program brings students to experience American law J.D. class which will be conducted in English and Chinese law J.M. class which will conducted in Chinese.
Other activities will include moot court competition, visiting transnational enterprise and government legal institutions, such as Huawei, HK High Court, and Legislation Council. A large portion of the SHP participants will choose to study STL’s full time J.D. and J.M. dual degree program from the coming year.
The 2017 STL Summer Honors Program will be held in Shenzhen and Hong Kong from July 29 to August 5, 2017. The application period is open now until June 16 (Beijing time).
- Non-Chinese citizen applicant must have a valid passport, and have attained a bachelor’s degree or is an upper level college student.
- Applicants whose first language is not English, must provide evidence of English proficiency—TOFEL or IELTS scores. Non-Chinese citizen applicants are also expected to provide evidence of Chinese proficiency- HSK score or a sample of written work in Chinese.
- Please apply through the STL SHP online application portal before June 11, 2017.
- After applying online, please also send the electronic application materials to the following email: email@example.com. The title of the email should be “SHP Application: College name + College major + Applicant Name”.
- Resume or Curriculum Vitae;
- Academic Records: Official transcripts from all undergraduate and graduate institutions, and official degree certificates (original or notarized documents with English translations if documents are not in English).
- A copy of evidence of English Proficiency, or holds satisfactory TOEFL or IELTS score;
- A copy of evidence of Chinese Proficiency or a sample of written work in Chinese;
- A copy of passport, or identification card;
The deadline for application is June 16, 2017. All application materials should reach the program office before the deadline.
Expenses and Fees
The total expenses and fees is 3000 RMB, including study, dining and living expenses at Peking University School of Transnational Law, as well as the transportation between Shenzhen and Hong Kong.
The Program Admissions Committee will make decisions according to the applicants’ materials. If the applicant is admitted to STL summer honors program, the admission office will inform the applicant to wire the expenses and fees to PKU Shenzhen bank account.
Applicants finished all the classes and activities of STL Summer Honors Program will be awarded a certificate to prove the program participation. The certificate can be a favor reference for the 2017 full time degree program admission.