Date: August 23 (Friday) – August 25 (Sunday)
Venue: STL Building, PKU Shenzhen
- Friday, August 9 (Check-in Day and Registration)
- Saturday, August 10 and Sunday, August 11 (New Student Orientation, detailed schedule here.)
STL’s Legal English Boot Camp is designed to provide incoming 1L students with extra English-language instruction and support before the commencement of classes. This year’s Boot Camp is scheduled for Thursday, August 1 through Thursday, August 8. Dr. Lindsey Kurtz, Director of STL’s Center for Academic Legal English, will oversee the Boot Camp. The curriculum will include reading, writing and vocabulary exercises in the context of an American J.D. curriculum.
For more information about STL’s Summer Honors Program for top university students, please click here.
Summer break begins on July 1 and the Registration Day for current students is September 2-3.
Below is the opening hours for the Law Library during the summer break:
- The Law Library (101): From July 1 to August 8, it will be opened at 9 a.m. and closed at 5 p.m., and closed on weekends. (Exceptions: July 31 & August 3, 9:00-21:00)
- The library reserve room (112): From July 1 to August 8, it will be closed all day.
- From August 9, back to the normal opening time.
Date & Time: June 20 (Thursday), 9:30 a.m. – 12:00 p.m.
Venue: STL 203
Speaker: Jia Gui，Partner of Global Law Office
Date & Time: June 20, 19:30 p.m.
Venue: STL 201, PKU Shenzhen
Open Court Hearing of The First Circuit Court of The Supreme People’s Court of The People’s Republic of China, June 12
Date & Time: June 12 (Wednesday), 10:00 a.m – 12:00 p.m.
Venue: Moot Court, STL 201, PKU Shenzhen
Date & Time: June 1 (Saturday), 6:30 p.m.
Venue: STL 207, PKU Shenzhen
Date & Time: May 28 (Tuesday), 4:00 p.m. – 5:00 p.m.
Venue: STL 207
Speaker: Min Yan, Assistant Professor in Business Law and director of the BSc. Business with Law Programme at Queen Mary University of London