“The natural distribution is neither just nor unjust; nor is it unjust that persons are born into society at some particular position. These are simply natural facts. What is just and unjust is the way that institutions deal with these facts.”
—— 罗尔斯《正义论》(Rawls, a Theory of Justice)
Yifeng Wu’s research interests lie primarily in the areas of Chinese civil law (principles of civil law, contract law, tort law) and commercial law (insurance law). He was Editor of Peking University Law Review from 2014 to 2016. He served as Assistant of the Case Exercises of Civil Law of Peking University from 2013 to 2014. Yifeng Wu received his Bachelor degree from China University of Political Science and Law and his Master’s and Doctoral degree from Peking University. Currently he is working on his second doctoral program at Cologne University in Germany.
- Insurance Law
- Chinese Contract Law Seminar
- On the Compensation for Breach of Contract in Spiritual Performance – Reflections on 62 Wedding Photography Contract Judgments （《论精神性履行利益的违约损害赔偿――从62份婚礼摄影合同判决展开的理论建构》）, ECUPL Journal （《华东政法大学学报》）, No.4, 2019, pp.178-192.
- On the Ordinary Termination of Indefinite Continuous Contracts – Analyze Existing Regulations in the Chinese Contract Law System（《论不定期继续性合同随时终止制度——评<民法典合同编（二审稿）>的规定》）, Peking University Law Journal （《中外法学》）, Vol.31, No.2, 2019, pp.522-540.
- On the Special Statutes of Limitations in the Case of Claims for Infringement of the Right to Sexual Self-determinatio – Comment on the Article 191 of China Civil Code General Part（《论侵害未成年人性自主决定权的特别时效制度——评<中华人民共和国民法总则>第 191 条》）, Science of Law （《法律科学》）, No.1, 2018, pp.130-139.
- On the Impossibility of the Legislation of Apology（《论赔礼道歉责任适用情形与法律化的不可能》）, Civil and Commercial Law Review （《民商法论丛》）, Vol. 64, 2017, pp.39-61.
- On Economic Control as an Independent Form of Domestic Violence （《论作为家庭暴力独立形态的经济控制》）, Journal of Shanghai University of Political Science and Law （《上海政法学院学报》（法治论丛））, No.6, 2016, pp.79-85.
- LL.B., China University of Political Science and Law
- LL.M., Peking University
- Ph.D., Peking University