Summer Honors Program
>>Click here to view 2022 Summer Honors Program Information.
Peking University School of Transnational Law (STL), on PKU’s Shenzhen Graduate Campus, is the only law school in the world that combines an American-style Juris Doctor degree (J.D.) with a China law Juris Master degree (J.M.). STL provides an academically rigorous, bilingual program of legal education that prepares students for the mixture of Common Law, Civil Law, and Chinese legal traditions increasingly characteristic of the global economy.
Past SHP activities have included interactive J.D. and J.M. classes taught in English and Chinese by STL’s distinguished multinational faculty; moot court competitions; discussion sessions with current STL students and STL graduates; and visits to leading Shenzhen-based companies (e.g., Huawei; Vanke Industries) and important government and judicial offices (e.g., Hong Kong High Court; the Legislative Council).
We invite you to experience STL’s cutting-edge program by joining our Summer Honors Program (SHP). At SHP, you will be
- Challenged in dynamic classroom discussions with STL’s leading multinational faculty and an elite group of fellow students with whom you will develop lifelong memories;
- Introduced to an entirely different way of thinking by STL’s unique method of instruction—the Socratic Method;
- Inspired by the exciting and diverse career paths of STL graduates and motivated by the drive and achievements of STL students and faculty;
- Empowered by the confidence you will develop as a result of expanding your cross-cultural awareness and understanding; and
- Welcomed by STL’s warm and open community.
Usually at the end of July or early August each year
Peking University Shenzhen Graduate School
Junior students from top universities who wish to pursue graduate studies in law
- Junior students from key universities in China (mostly universities among the 985 or 211 project); academic performance at a level recognized for distinction is expected. Students from HK, Macau, Taiwan and abroad are welcome.
- High English proficiency assessed through TOFEL, IELTS, GRE, CET 4/6, TEM 4/8, or similiar English-language tests.
- All undergraduate majors welcome.
Please send the following application materials via email to email@example.com:
- Resume or Curriculum Vitae;
- Personal Statement in English and Chinese;
- Academic Records: Official transcripts from all undergraduate and graduate institutions, and official degree certificates (original or notarized documents with English translations if documents are not in English).
- A copy of evidence of English Proficiency, or holds satisfactory TOEFL or IELTS score;
- International applicants must also submit a copy of evidence of Chinese Proficiency or a sample of written work in Chinese;
- A copy of passport, or identification card;
- LSAT or GRE score (preferred).
At the conclusion of SHP, students will be presented with a personalized “Certificate of Completion” from STL recognizing their successful participation in SHP.
QQ Group: 742817874
Peking University School of Transnational Law
STL 410, Peking University, University Town
Xili, Nanshan District