STL Now Accepting Applications for 2020 Summer Honors Program
Peking University School of Transnational Law (STL), on PKU’s Shenzhen Graduate Campus, is the only law school in the world that combines an American-style Juris Doctor degree (J.D.) with a China law Juris Master degree (J.M.). STL provides an academically rigorous, bilingual program of legal education that prepares students for the mixture of Common Law, civil law, and Chinese legal traditions increasingly characteristic of the global economy.
We invite you to experience STL’s cutting-edge program by joining our 2020 Summer Honors Program (SHP).
Enrollment is limited to 160 students.
From August 7 to August 11.
Interactive J.D. and J.M. classes taught in English and Chinese by STL’s distinguished multinational faculty; moot court competitions; discussion sessions with current STL students and STL graduates, Virtual Campus Tour.
- Junior students from key universities in China (mostly universities among the 985 or 211 project); academic performance at a level recognized for distinction is expected; Students from HK, Macau, Taiwan and abroad are welcome; non-Chinese citizen applicants must have a valid passport;
- High English proficiency assessed through TOFEL, IELTS, GRE, CET 4/6, TEM 4/8, or similar English-language tests; International applicants should have high Chinese proficiency.
- All undergraduate majors welcome.
1. Please apply through the STL SHP online application portal before July 10, 2020.
2. After applying online, please also send the electronic application materials below to the following email before July 10: firstname.lastname@example.org. The title of the email should be “SHP Application: College name + College major+ Applicant name.”
- 1）Chinese and English Resume or Curriculum Vitae;
- 2）Chinese and English Personal Statement;
- 3）A copy of evidence of English Proficiency, or holds satisfactory TOEFL or IELTS score;
- 4）Academic Records: Official transcripts from all undergraduate and graduate institutions, and official degree certificates (original or 5）notarized documents with English translations if documents are not in English).
- 5）Non-Chinese citizen applicants should submit a copy of evidence of Chinese Proficiency or a sample of written work in Chinese;
- 6）A copy of passport or identification card.
At the conclusion of SHP, students will be presented with a personalized “Certificate of Completion” from STL recognizing their successful participation in SHP. SHP students wishing to apply to STL’s J.D./J.M. program for admission in 2020 will be asked to submit a personal essay following the conclusion of SHP.
Phone: 086- 0755-26032287 / 26657647
Address: Room 410, School of Transnational Law, Peking University Shenzhen Graduate School, University Town, Xili, Nanshan District, Shenzhen, China 518055